Friday, October 16, 2015

SKSergiokosco: CFB Week 7 Preview

By: Tre Bailey
SKSergioKosco Blogger





By: Tre Bailey  

With coaching changes, and suspensions a lot has happened this week. These are the times a blogger like myself loves to be a part of. Let us begin

Weekly Recap

So I’m sure all of you caught the theme of upsets last week. Well let’s say that was foreshadowing to one particular game this past weekend. Texas played absolutely out of their mind Saturday in the red river shootout and I couldn’t have been more proud. Although I am not a UT fan to say the least I despise OU so anytime someone beats them I am 100% satisfied. Especially when they lose to an un-ranked UT squad who I did say had the talent to win that game. Look for them to build off of this confidence the rest of the season.

I must say I am finally satisfied with the numbers Ohio State put up against Maryland. While the terps aren’t the cream of the crop I do enjoy watching my buckeyes produce offensively like they are supposed to. As a fan I am excited to see if they can keep it rolling against a tough Penn State team this weekend. Staying in the conference Michigan State escapes Rutgers by a score of 31-24. While a 7 point margin is too close for comfort in many peoples book I must say MSU didn’t look like the second ranked team in the nation. As for their in stat Rival, They put up another shutout against Northwestern. While I didn’t expect Northwestern to be shut out; I did expect Michigan to keep the confidence they had been playing with since the week 1 loss to Utah. Now can they make it 4 straight this weekend against Michigan State? Everyone knows how the big house gets when State comes to town. Should make for one heck of a game.

If you have read my blog since week one you may know that I favor Tennessee just a little. I was disappointed when the lost to Oklahoma, and I am disappointed of how their season has turned out so far. Today I am no longer disappointed. Tennessee went out and handled business against a Georgia team who couldn’t get over last week’s loss to Alabama. On another not UGA didn’t have Nick Chubb who is out due to injury, but hey a win is a win in my book. Speaking of running backs; which SEC back has rushed for over 1000yds in just 5 games…. You got it Leanord Fournette. The best back in the NCAA, a young man who has so much potential. This kid is a mix between Bo Jackson and Herschel Walker. He straight abuses opposing defenses whether it’s with speed or strength. He can catch the ball out of the backfield, and he can provide that crucial block to pick up a blitz. He has it all, and come January he will have a Heisman trophy. LSU faces a good Florida team who just lost its leading QB to suspension. It’s almost impossible to stop Fournette so without Grier calling the shots I don’t think Florida has a chance.

In the Acc there are really only 2 teams to be aware of since Georgia Tech decided to fall off the face of the planet this year. To me Clemson is the best team in the conference. Deshaun Watson is your ideal dual threat QB. I’ve been watching him since he was in high school and boy does this kid have some talent. Clemson is pretty famous for producing speed and that’s what they have. That fast offense is difficult to contain and will definitely make a run for a playoff spot. While Florida State is a totally beatable team. They aren’t the same team that won the championship 2 seasons ago. They just don’t have what it really takes this year and I believe that undefeated record won’t last long.
How do all of you feel about Sarkisian getting fired from USC, and Will Grier being suspended for a year of Florida football? Let me know down in the comments! And if you haven’t go check out the breaking news post where I covered Sarkisian, Grier, and the retirement of Steve Spurrier


Texas Round up
Texas finally caught some good luck as we saw them beat OU in an exciting matchup

TCU barely beats Kansas State which only furthers my argument that they are one of the most overrated teams in the NCAA let alone ranked in the top 10

Baylor continues to show why they have the best offensive attack in the nation by putting up numbers to a basketball game on opponents.

Tech Bounces back from consecutive losses against Baylor and TCU and they do it in convincing fashion

A&M had the weekend off but faces Bama this weekend which should be a better game than last year

Houston finds themselves ranked after a 5-0 start to their season

Games of the Week
Texas A&M vs Alabama- after a disappointing loss last year the aggies seek revenge over the crimson tide. While many say the aggies haven’t looked impressive enough to beat Bama this year I believe it’s the other way around. Bama hasn’t been too impressive this year. They have improved since losing to Ole Miss but they still aren’t winning like they used to. I favor the Aggies in this one

Michigan State vs Michigan- with MSU struggles last week I see a confident Michigan team taking this one. While it’s painful to say the wolverines are just on a roll. It’s hard to stop a team who is playing good football defensively. Especially when they haven’t let up a point in 12+ quarters of football. And they are playing in Ann Arbor. This will be a tough road game for the Spartans. One can only hope they pull it off.

Ole Miss vs Memphis – To the average fan this game doesn’t mean much. But to all my Memphis fans this is your season in one game. This will determine whether your tigers become ranked or not. Ole miss has been on somewhat of a decline since that Bama win. And coming off a Bye week can be a huge advantage for the Tigers in this matchup. I would love to see another upset this weekend and would be more than satisfied to have more of a reason to call out the SEC conference.

Florida vs LSU- two un-beaten teams, one Heisman candidate, and one suspend quarterback. This game has LSU written all over it. For one Leanord Fournette. For two this is a home game for the tigers. If Florida finds a way to win this one look for them to win the SEC this year because the winner of this game will do just that.

My Top 10
This is the part where I’ll be sharing my top 10 teams in the NCAA opposed to the current how it is now.
1.      Ohio State- they are Going to have to Lose to drop any lower
2.      Baylor- the nation’s top offense capable of scoring in 30 seconds you can’t argue with that
3.      LSU- the best running back in the nation, and a defense that can chase the ball all around the field. Well deserving of the number 3 spot
4.      Utah- This team is getting Better and better every single week
5.      Clemson- I like what they are doing out there offensively with Deshaun Watson calling the shots.
6.      Michigan State- Too close for comfort last week against Rutgers
7.      Texas A&M- High powered offense with some defensive strengths
8.      TCU- Overrated but finding ways to win the close games
9.      Alabama- still not impressive enough to me
10.  Florida – It’s tough to lose your leader on offense and go out and win.

Checkout the weekly highlights



No comments:

Post a Comment