Friday, September 4, 2015

Checkout The New SK CFB Weekly Page! Every Wed. and Fri. (Preview!)

By: Tre Bailey
SKSergioKosco Blogger




 
College Football Weekly

          IT’S HERE……. IT’S FINALLY HERE…… THE MOMENT WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR (sorry all nfl fans one more week) College football blessed us with its presence once again. I cannot explain how ecstatic I am to watch my OHIO STATE BUCKEYES defend its crown as College Football Champions. With the initial year of the CFB Playoff system out of the way teams are searching to claim the throne. As a diehard Buckeyes fan I would love to go on and on about how dominant they are, and how likely it is that they repeat as defending champs. But as a football fan I must share the love and share what to look out for over the next 5 months.

            Quarterback completions across the NCAA

                 Aside from OSU there have been many quarter back discrepancies across the NCAA, I love what I am seeing competition wise. Hundreds of Hungry gunslingers will be getting the nod as the signal caller for week one and BOY am I excited.

Vernon Adams a transfer from Washington State is named the started at Oregon which to me raises an eyebrow. Adams proved himself worthy at WSU but I mean come on it is WSU the level of competition isn’t the same as the PAC-12, not to mention he is filling in after arguably the most proficient QB in Oregon history Marcus Mariota.

Everett Golson Is Florida states new signal caller. With Winston in the NFL the Seminoles found refuge in yet another Transfer QB. Everett being one of the most versatile signal callers raises some red flags. The lack of consistency, and competition at Notre Dame didn’t impress me all too much. While his natural athleticism keeps me a fan and excited to see how he plays in the ACC.

Obviously there is the battle everyone has been talking about between J.T Barrett, and Cardale Jones. My opinion J.T is the starter. Cardale a natural talent with a huge arm and great pocket presence just lacks that IT factor J.T brought to the field. Barrett is a natural playmaker, I like to call him a larger version of Braxton Miller (now converted receiver). Ohio State
is in your ideal situation 2 starting caliber QB’s. Either way I will be a happy fan regardless of who starts.

I despise to mention the name of the crimson tide but I am interested who will fill in for departed senior Blake Sims. A Three way battle between Jake Cocker, Cooper Bateman, And Alec Morris. Personally I say give the job to True freshman Blake Barnett. Realistically there hasn’t been much of a sample size from either of the three QB’s seeing Bama went from AJ McCarron to Blake Sims. Both being obvious favorites for the job. Looks like Coach Saban has his work cut out for him. No matter who wins the job, Bama is a run first pass later team, so it shouldn’t be hard to pick someone to hand the ball off to your talented group of backs.



My underdog pick of the year Josh Rosen out of UCLA. Boy do I love this kid. Filling in for Brett Hundley I am excited to see Rosen excel for the Bruins. Although there are still some offensive voids to fill, I Fell that Jim Mora will shape Rosen into a potential 1st round draft pick in years to come. His accuracy and vison on the deep ball is ahead of where he should be as a freshman. He fits the UCLA system to the tee  
and won’t have any problems adjusting to the offense since he ran something similar in high school Look out for this kid this year as he attempts to lead UCLA into the CFB playoff picture.


            As the season kicks into full swing I’ll leave you guys with a couple of things to look out for. Michigan States returning starting quarterback Conner Cook was not voted a team Capitan, could this affect team chemistry or is the Capitan role overrated? What team will upset the CFB playoff picture this year, my pick Oklahoma State. Coach Gundy will run a dual QB system with JW Walsh, and Mason Rudolph. With 6’4’’ receiver Marcell Ateman on the outside and potential leading receiver for the cowboys look out for OKST to make a strong run if the defense can remain consistent.


 Will Baylor finally make it to the CFB playoffs/National championship or will TCU upset their dreams once again? As co BIG 12 champs last season Baylor looks to propel themselves ahead of TCU this year. My answer is that TCU holds them off simply because the lack of experience at the Quarterback position for Baylor. Art Briles who has brought
Baylor back into the national spotlight may have to wait one more season for those championship hopes to be a reality.


Lastly will this year be the year that the SEC is not represented in the CFP playoff? We all know that the SEC is the most dominant conference in college football, but with recruiting and a poorly outdated computerized ranking system hold the SEC out of a spot?


Here are my potential 4 picks for this year’s CFB Playoff


1) Ohio State


2) TCU/Baylor (one of these teams will not lose a game)


3) USC


4) Auburn/OKState



No comments:

Post a Comment